Skip to main content

Adventures of España

Hola mis amigos!

I have officially been in Spain for a week! It is crazy how fast time is going. I am constantly busy and if I'm not, I'm usually sleeping 😅. I have already seen and done so much! This last weekend we spent a day on a beach about an hour away called Matlascañas (pics below). It was so beautiful and very relaxing.






I am in awe at how many wonderful people I have met here through my program (SAIIE), my mama, and people in Sevilla. Last week, when I was walking home from class, I saw an artist drawing these amazing pictures of bull fighting. As we were walking away, he asked me if I liked his pictures and if I would want him to draw a small picture of me. I said sure and we sat down together while he drew me. He could only speak a little English so we mostly spoke in Spanish. I learned he was originally from Argentina but now lives in Sevilla where he is an artist for a living. He was so kind and gave me the drawing for free. As we parted he gave me dos besos (two kisses) on the cheek, a common way Spaniards greet their friends. It was such a cool experience and a memory that will last a lifetime.

                    



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kayaking on the Guadalquivir

Hola! I am currently in my 5th and final week here in Spain (muy triste😭). This week has been extremely hot but we still are getting out and enjoying our last few days in Spain. Today we took a kayaking trip down the river, Guadalquivir. It is a pretty large river that runs through the city. It was a lot of fun and definitely a small escape from the hot weather. We were in two person kayaks so it was a bit of a struggle at first trying to synchronize our rowing. You would think Ashley and I would be so in sync from living together for 5 weeks that we could figure it out, but that wasn't the case. We eventually got it figured out and were able to successfully paddle down the river. I was even able to take a couple pictures without getting my phone wet or dropping it in the river. All together I would call it a success!                    I am starting to feel really sad about leaving Spain. After living here for 5 weeks and meeting so many amazing people, it really feels like

Parasailing in Marbella

Hola a todos! This weekend was full of adventure and spontaneity! I last minute decided to go to Marbella, Spain with a group of friends from school. And it was a very good decision indeed! We left on Saturday and it was about a 3 hour bus ride to Marbella. When we got there, we checked into our cute little AirBNB and then headed to the beach. The beach was beautiful as always. After spending a couple hours tanning and relaxing we headed back to our place to get dressed for dinner. We ended up going to an Indian restaurant, which I have never had before. It was delicious! Not only am I trying Spanish food in Spain, but other ethnically different food as well! After dinner, we headed to bed so we could be well rested for the next day. It was a good thing that we did, because we spontaneously decided to go parasailing!                 Parasailing was amazing! I was quite nervous before-hand because I don't like heights all that much but I am so glad that I did it. There real